Meaning of himself
Pronunciation: (him-self' medially often im-self'), [key]
- an emphatic appositive oforHe himself spoke to the men.
- a reflexive form ofHe cut himself.
- (used in absolute constructions): Himself the soul of honor, he included many rascals among his intimates.
- (used as the object of a preposition or as the direct or indirect object of a verb): The old car had room only for himself and three others.
- (used in comparisons after as or than): His wife is as stingy as himself.
- his normal or customary self: He is himself again.
- a man of importance, esp. the master of the house: Himself will be wanting an early dinner.