heuristic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (hyoo-ris'tik or, often, yoo-), [key]
- serving to indicate or point out; stimulating interest as a means of furthering investigation.
- encouraging a person to learn, discover, understand, or solve problems on his or her own, as by experimenting, evaluating possible answers or solutions, or by trial and error: a heuristic teaching method.
- of, pertaining to, or based on experimentation, evaluation, or trial-and-error methods.
- pertaining to a trial-and-error method of problem solving used when an algorithmic approach is impractical.
- a heuristic method of argument.
- the study of heuristic procedure.
- heuristic (Thesaurus)