Meaning of harmonic
Pronunciation: (här-mon'ik), [key]
- pertaining to harmony, as distinguished from melody and rhythm.
- marked by harmony; in harmony; concordant; consonant.
- of, pertaining to, or noting a series of oscillations in which each oscillation has a frequency that is an integral multiple of the same basic frequency.
- (of a set of values) related in a manner analogous to the frequencies of tones that are consonant.
- capable of being represented by sine and cosine functions.
- (of a function) satisfying the Laplace equation.
- overtone (def. 1).
- a single oscillation whose frequency is an integral multiple of the fundamental frequency.
- harmonic (Thesaurus)