Meaning of handsome
Pronunciation: (han'sum), [key]
— -som•er, -som•est.
- having an attractive, well-proportioned, and imposing appearance suggestive of health and strength; good-looking: a handsome man; a handsome woman.
- having pleasing proportions, relationships, or arrangements, as of shapes, forms, or colors; attractive: a handsome house; a handsome interior.
- exhibiting skill, taste, and refinement; well-made: a handsome story; handsome furniture.
- considerable, ample, or liberal in amount: a handsome fortune.
- gracious; generous; flattering: a handsome compliment; a handsome recommendation.
- adroit and appealing; graceful: a handsome speech.
- handsome (Thesaurus)