Hamilton: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ham'ul-tun), [key]
- 1757–1804, American statesman and writer on government: the first Secretary of the Treasury 1789–97; mortally wounded by Aaron Burr in a duel.
- 1867–1963, U.S. classical scholar and writer.
- (Amy, or Emily, Lyon), 1765?–1815, mistress of Viscount Nelson.
- 1853–1947, British general.
- 1788–1856, Scottish philosopher.
- 1805–65, Irish mathematician and astronomer.
- former name of
- Also calleda river flowing E through S Labrador into the Atlantic. 600 mi. (965 km).
- a mountain of the Coast Range in California, near San Jose: site of Lick Observatory. 4209 ft. (1283 m).
- a seaport in SE Ontario, in SE Canada, on Lake Ontario. 312,003.
- a city on central North Island, in New Zealand. 154,606.
- an administrative district in the Strathclyde region, in S Scotland. 107,178; 50 sq. mi. (130 sq. km).
- a city in this district, SE of Glasgow. 46,376.
- a city in SW Ohio. 63,189.
- a seaport in and the capital of Bermuda. 3000.
- a male given name.
- hamilton (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.