half-moon: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (haf'mn', häf'-), [key]
- the moon when, at either quadrature, half its disk is illuminated.
- the phase of the moon at this time. See diag. under
- something having the shape of a half-moon or crescent.
Pronunciation: (haf'mn", häf'-), [key]
- an edible fish, Medialuna californiensis, found in southern California, having a slate-gray body.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- the ship in which Henry Hudson made his voyage to explore America in 1609.