Meaning of guise
Pronunciation: (gīz), [key]
— n., v., guised, guis•ing.
- general external appearance; aspect; semblance: an old principle in a new guise.
- assumed appearance or mere semblance: under the guise of friendship.
- style of dress: in the guise of a shepherd.
- manner; mode.
- to dress; attire: children guised as cowboys.
- to appear or go in disguise.
Pronunciation: (gēz), [key]
- 1519–63, French general and statesman.
- his son,1550–88, French general and leader of opposition to the Huguenots.
- guise (Thesaurus)