grudge: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gruj), [key]
— n., adj., v., grudged, grudg•ing.
- a feeling of ill will or resentment: to hold a grudge against a former opponent.
- done, arranged, etc., in order to settle a grudge: The middleweight fight was said to be a grudge match.
- to give or permit with reluctance; submit to unwillingly: The other team grudged us every point we scored.
- to resent the good fortune of (another); begrudge.
- to feel dissatisfaction or ill will.
- grudge (Thesaurus)