groom: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (grm, groom), [key]
- a bridegroom.
- a man or boy in charge of horses or the stable.
- any of several officers of the English royal household.
- a manservant.
- to tend carefully as to person and dress; make neat or tidy.
- to clean, brush, and otherwise tend (a horse, dog, etc.).
- to prepare for a position, election, etc.: The mayor is being groomed for the presidency.
- (of an animal) to tend (itself or another) by removing dirt, parasites, or specks of other matter from the fur, skin, feathers, etc.: often performed as a social act.
- groom (Thesaurus)