graph: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (graf, gräf), [key]
- a diagram representing a system of connections or interrelations among two or more things by a number of distinctive dots, lines, bars, etc.
- a series of points, discrete or continuous, as in forming a curve or surface, each of which represents a value of a given function.
- Also calledlinear graph.a network of lines connecting points.
- a written symbol for an idea, a sound, or a linguistic expression.
- to draw (a curve) as representing a given function.
- to represent by means of a graph.
- var. ofbefore a vowel: grapheme.
- a combining form meaning “drawn,” “written” (lithograph; monograph); specialized in meaning to indicate the instrument rather than the written product of the instrument (telegraph; phonograph).
- graph (Thesaurus)