George: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: ( jôrj), [key]
- a figure of St. George killing the dragon, esp. one forming part of the insignia of the Order of the Garter.
- any coin bearing the image of St. George.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter G.
- an automatic pilot on an airplane.
- (an exclamation used to express astonishment, approval, etc.)
Pronunciation: ( jôrj for 4 also Ger. gā&sylpōr&primg&schwa), [key]
- 1839–97, U.S. economist: advocate of a single tax.
- died a.d. 303?, Christian martyr: patron saint of England.
- 1868–1933, German poet.
- a lake in E New York. 36 mi. (58 km) long.
- a male given name: from a Greek word meaning “farmer.”
- george (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.