gape: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (gāp, gap), [key]
— v., n. gaped, gap•ing,
- to stare with open mouth, as in wonder.
- to open the mouth wide involuntarily, as the result of hunger, sleepiness, or absorbed attention.
- to open as a gap; split or become open wide.
- a wide opening; gap; breach.
- an act or instance of gaping.
- a stare, as in astonishment or with the mouth wide open.
- a yawn.
- the width of the open mouth.
- gape (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.