Meaning of gangbuster
Pronunciation: (gang'bus"tur), [key]
— n. Informal.
- a law-enforcement officer who specializes in breaking up organized crime, often by forceful or sensational means.
- someone or something having great impact, usually in a positive way.
- an outstandingly successful state or situation: We aren't looking for gangbusters, but we'd like you to pass all your subjects this semester.
- with great speed, intensity, vigor, impact, or success: The software market was growing like gangbusters. The hockey team came on at the beginning of the season like gangbusters.
- to be extremely successful: The movie went gangbusters.