Meaning of gamy
Pronunciation: (gā'mē), [key]
— gam•i•er, gam•i•est.
- having the tangy flavor or odor of game: I like the gamy taste of venison.
- having the flavor or odor of game or other meat kept uncooked until slightly tainted: The roast was still edible but was slightly gamy.
- plucky; spirited.
- lewd or suggestive; risqué.
- gross or squalid; unwholesome.
- a combining form with the meanings “marriage,” “union,” “fertilization, pollination,” of the kind specified by the initial element:also forming nouns corresponding to adjectives ending inheterogamy. exogamy; plastogamy; allogamy;
- gamy (Thesaurus)