Meaning of gaff
- an iron hook with a handle for landing large fish.
- the spur on a climbing iron, esp. as used by telephone linemen.
- a spar rising aft from a mast to support the head of a quadrilateral fore-and-aft sail
- a metal spur for a gamecock.
- to hook or land (a fish) with a gaff.
- harsh treatment or criticism: All the gaff he took never made him bitter.
- to weather hardship or strain; endure patiently.
- to cheat; fleece.
- to gamble, esp. to indulge in petty gambling, as to toss coins.
- gaff (Thesaurus)