Meaning of fund
Pronunciation: (fund), [key]
- a supply of money or pecuniary resources, as for some purpose: a fund for his education; a retirement fund.
- supply; stock: a fund of knowledge; a fund of jewels.
- money immediately available; pecuniary resources: to be momentarily without funds.
- an organization created to administer or manage a fund, as of money invested or contributed for some special purpose.
- to provide a fund to pay the interest or principal of (a debt).
- to convert (general outstanding debts) into a more or less permanent debt, represented by interest-bearing bonds.
- to allocate or provide funds for (a program, project, etc.).
- fund (Thesaurus)