Pronunciation: (fun), [key]
— n., v., adj. funned, fun•ning,
- something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
- enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.
- as a joke; not seriously; playfully: His insults were only in fun.
- certainly not; of doubtful truth: He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
- to make the object of ridicule; deride: The youngsters made fun of their teacher.
- joke; kid.
- of or pertaining to fun, esp. to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
- whimsical: flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.