fulfill: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fool-fil'), [key]
- to carry out, or bring to realization, as a prophecy or promise.
- to perform or do, as duty; obey or follow, as commands.
- to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.): a book that fulfills a long-felt need.
- to bring to an end; finish or complete, as a period of time: He felt that life was over when one had fulfilled his threescore years and ten.
- to develop the full potential of (usually used reflexively): She realized that she could never fulfill herself in such work.
- fulfill (Thesaurus)