Meaning of friendly
Pronunciation: (frend'lē), [key]
— adj., adv., n., pl. -li•er, -li•est, -lies.
- characteristic of or befitting a friend; showing friendship: a friendly greeting.
- like a friend; kind; helpful: a little friendly advice.
- favorably disposed; inclined to approve, help, or support: a friendly bank.
- not hostile or at variance; amicable: a friendly warship; friendly natives.
- in a friendly manner; like a friend.
- a person who is in sympathetic relationship to oneself or one's side; one who shows no hostility.
- friendly (Thesaurus)