Meaning of friend
Pronunciation: (frend), [key]
- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
- a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
- a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
- a member of the same nation, party, etc.
- (cap.) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.
- to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.
- to befriend.
- friend (Thesaurus)