four: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fôr, fōr), [key]
- a cardinal number, three plus one.
- a symbol of this number, 4 or IV or IIII.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with four pips.
- alternate four-bar passages, as played in sequence by different soloists: with guitar and piano trading fours.
- an automobile powered by a four-cylinder engine.
- the engine itself.
- See(def. 3).
- amounting to four in number.
- four (Thesaurus)