Meaning of forecast
Pronunciation: (fôr'kast", -käst", fōr'-), [key]
— v., n. -cast -cast•ed, -cast•ing,
- to predict (a future condition or occurrence); calculate in advance: to forecast a heavy snowfall; to forecast lower interest rates.
- to serve as a prediction of; foreshadow.
- to contrive or plan beforehand; prearrange.
- to conjecture beforehand; make a prediction.
- to plan or arrange beforehand.
- a prediction, esp. as to the weather.
- a conjecture as to something in the future.
- the act, practice, or faculty of forecasting.
- foresight in planning.
- forecast (Thesaurus)