Meaning of forage
Pronunciation: (fôr'ij, for'-), [key]
— n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- food for horses or cattle; fodder; provender.
- the seeking or obtaining of such food.
- the act of searching for provisions of any kind.
- a raid.
- to wander or go in search of provisions.
- to search about; seek; rummage; hunt: He went foraging in the attic for old mementos.
- to make a raid.
- to collect forage from; strip of supplies; plunder: to forage the countryside.
- to supply with forage.
- to obtain by foraging.
- forage (Thesaurus)