follow-up: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fol'ō-up"), [key]
- the act of following up.
- an action or thing that serves to increase the effectiveness of a previous one, as a second or subsequent letter, phone call, or visit.
- Also called
- a news story providing additional information on a story or article previously published.
- Also calledsidebar,supplementary story.a minor news story used to supplement a related story of major importance. Cf. feature story (def. 1),human-interest story, shirttail.
- designed or serving to follow up, esp. to increase the effectiveness of a previous action: a follow-up interview; a follow-up offer.
- of or pertaining to action that follows an initial treatment, course of study, etc.: follow-up care for mental patients; a follow-up survey.
- followup (Thesaurus)