foe: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fō), [key]
- a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.
- a military enemy; hostile army.
- a person belonging to a hostile army or nation.
- an opponent in a game or contest; adversary: a political foe.
- a person who is opposed in feeling, principle, etc., to something: a foe to progress in civil rights.
- a thing that is harmful to or destructive of something: Sloth is the foe of health.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles.
- foe (Thesaurus)