Meaning of flirt
Pronunciation: (flûrt), [key]
- to court triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions; play at love; coquet.
- to trifle or toy, as with an idea: She flirted with the notion of buying a sports car.
- to move with a jerk or jerks; dart about: butterflies flirting from flower to flower.
- to give a sudden or brisk motion to; wave smartly, as a fan.
- to throw or propel with a toss or jerk; fling suddenly.
- a person who is given to flirting.
- a quick throw or toss; sudden jerk or darting motion.
- flirt (Thesaurus)