Meaning of final
Pronunciation: (fīn'l), [key]
- pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.
- ultimate: The final goal is world peace.
- conclusive or decisive: a final decision.
- constituting the end or purpose: a final result.
- pertaining to or expressing the end or purpose: a final clause.
- The judicial determination of the Supreme Court is final.
- precluding further controversy on the questions passed upon:The judicial determination of the Supreme Court is final.
- determining all issues presented, so that no further decision upon the merits of the issues is necessary:a final judgment or decree.
- occurring at the end of a word or syllable, as the (t) sound in bit or bite.
- that which is last; that which forms an end or termination.
- the last and decisive game, match, contest, or round in a series, as in sports.
- the last, usually comprehensive, examination in a course of study.
- the last edition of a newspaper published on any day.
- the tonic note of a church mode.
- final (Thesaurus)