fifty: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fif'tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties,
- a cardinal number, ten times five.
- a symbol for this number, as 50 or L.
- a set of this many persons or things.
- the numbers, years, degrees, or the like, from 50 through 59, as in referring to numbered streets, indicating the years of a lifetime or of a century, or degrees of temperature: She lives in the East Fifties. He's in his late fifties. It's going to be in the fifties again today.
- a fifty-dollar bill: He had a fifty and two tens in his wallet.
- amounting to 50 in number.
- fifty (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.