Meaning of few
Pronunciation: (fy), [key]
— adj., n., pron. -er, -est,
- not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously.
- at widely separated intervals; infrequent: In Nevada the towns are few and far between.
- a small number or amount: Send me a few.
- a fairly large number; many: There were quite a few interesting things to do.
- a special, limited number; the minority: That music appeals to the few.
- a small number of persons or things: A dozen people volunteered, but few have shown up.
- few (Thesaurus)