festival: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fes'tu-vul), [key]
- a day or time of religious or other celebration, marked by feasting, ceremonies, or other observances: the festival of Christmas; a Roman festival.
- a periodic commemoration, anniversary, or celebration: an annual strawberry festival.
- a period or program of festive activities, cultural events, or entertainment: a music festival.
- gaiety; revelry; merrymaking.
- festal: a festival atmosphere of unrestrained joy.
- festival (Thesaurus)