Meaning of fascinate
Pronunciation: (fas'u-nāt"), [key]
— v., -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- to attract and hold attentively by a unique power, personal charm, unusual nature, or some other special quality; enthrall: a vivacity that fascinated the audience.
- to arouse the interest or curiosity of; allure.
- to transfix or deprive of the power of resistance, as through terror: The sight of the snake fascinated the rabbit.
- to bewitch.
- to cast under a spell by a look.
- to capture the interest or hold the attention.
- fascinate (Thesaurus)