extra: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ek'stru), [key]
- beyond or more than what is usual, expected, or necessary; additional: an extra copy of a newspaper; an extra charge.
- larger or better than what is usual: an extra binding.
- something extra or additional: the little amenities and extras that make life pleasant.
- an additional expense.
- a special edition of a newspaper, other than a regular edition.
- something of superior quality.
- a person hired by the day to play a minor part, as a member of a mob or crowd.
- an additional worker.
- Usually,a score or run not made from the bat, as a bye or a wide.
- in excess of the usual or specified amount: an extra high price.
- beyond the ordinary degree; unusually; uncommonly: done extra well; extra large.
- a prefix meaning “outside,” “beyond,” freely used as an English formative: extrajudicial; extraterritorial; extra-atmospheric.
- extra (Thesaurus)