exhaust: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ig-zôst'), [key]
- to drain of strength or energy, wear out, or fatigue greatly, as a person: I have exhausted myself working.
- to use up or consume completely; expend the whole of: He exhausted a fortune in stock-market speculation.
- to draw out all that is essential in (a subject, topic, etc.); treat or study thoroughly.
- to empty by drawing out the contents: to exhaust a tank of fuel oil.
- to create a vacuum in.
- to draw out or drain off completely.
- to deprive wholly of useful or essential properties, possessions, resources, etc.
- to deprive of ingredients by the use of solvents, as a drug.
- to destroy the fertility of (soil), as by intensive cultivation.
- to pass out or escape, as spent steam from the cylinder of an engine.
- exhaust (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.