exalt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ig-zôlt'), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- to raise in rank, honor, power, character, quality, etc.; elevate: He was exalted to the position of president.
- to praise; extol: to exalt someone to the skies.
- to stimulate, as the imagination: The lyrics of Shakespeare exalted the audience.
- to intensify, as a color: complementary colors exalt each other.
- to elate, as with pride or joy.