Meaning of ever
Pronunciation: (ev'ur), [key]
- at all times; always: an ever-present danger; He is ever ready to find fault.
- continuously: ever since then.
- at any time: Have you ever seen anything like it?
- in any possible case; by any chance; at all (often used to intensify or emphasize a phrase or an emotional reaction as surprise or impatience): How did you ever manage to do it? If the band ever plays again, we will dance.
- now and then; from time to time.
- to a great extent or degree; exceedingly: They were ever so kind to me.
- every: She rises early ever morning.
- ever (Thesaurus)