Meaning of evasion
Pronunciation: (i-vā'zhun), [key]
- an act or instance of escaping, avoiding, or shirking something: evasion of one's duty.
- the avoiding of an argument, accusation, question, or the like, as by a subterfuge: The old political boss was notorious for his practice of evasion.
- a means of evading; subterfuge; an excuse or trick to avoid or get around something: Her polite agreement was an evasion concealing what she really felt.
- physical or mental escape.
- an act or instance of violating the tax laws by failing or refusing to pay all or part of one's taxes.
- evasion (Thesaurus)