evangelist: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-van'ju-list), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a Protestant minister or layperson who serves as an itinerant or special preacher, esp. a revivalist.
- a preacher of the gospel.
- (cap.) any of the writers (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) of the four Gospels.
- (in the primitive church) a person who first brought the gospel to a city or region.
- (cap.)a patriarch.
- a person marked by evangelical enthusiasm for or support of any cause.