ethnic: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (eth'nik), [key]
- pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a groupsharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.
- referring to the origin, classification, characteristics, etc., of such groups.
- being a member of an ethnic group, esp. of a group that is a minority within a larger society: ethnic Chinese in San Francisco.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of members of such a group.
- belonging to or deriving from the cultural, racial, religious, or linguistic traditions of a people or country: ethnic dances.
- pagan; heathen.
- a member of an ethnic group.
- ethnic (Thesaurus)