Meaning of erupt
Pronunciation: (i-rupt'), [key]
- to burst forth: Molten lava erupted from the top of the volcano.
- (of a volcano, geyser, etc.) to eject matter.
- to break out of a pent-up state, usually in a sudden and violent manner: Words of anger erupted from her.
- to break out in a skin rash: Hives erupted all over his face and hands.
- (of teeth) to grow through surrounding hard and soft tissues and become visible in the mouth.
- to release violently; burst forth with: She erupted angry words.
- (of a volcano, geyser, etc.) to eject (matter).
- erupt (Thesaurus)