Eros: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ēr'os, er'os), [key]
— pl. E•ro•tes
- the ancient Greek god of love, identified by the Romans with Cupid.
- a representation of this god.
- a winged figure of a child representing love or the power of love.
- (sometimes l.c.) physical love; sexual desire. Cf. agape (def. 2).
- an asteroid that approaches to within 14 million miles (22 million km) of the earth once every 44 years.
- the libido.
- instincts for self-preservation collectively.
- eros (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.