Meaning of enrich
Pronunciation: (en-rich'), [key]
- to supply with riches, wealth, abundant or valuable possessions, etc.: Commerce enriches a nation.
- to supply with abundance of anything desirable: to enrich the mind with knowledge.
- to add greater value or significance to: Art enriches life.
- to adorn or decorate: a picture frame enriched with gold.
- to make finer in quality, as by supplying desirable elements or ingredients: to enrich soil.
- to increase the proportion of a valuable mineral or isotope in (a substance or material): The fuel was enriched with uranium 235 for the nuclear reactor.
- to enrich flour with thiamine, iron, niacin, and riboflavin.
- to restore to (a food) a nutrient that has been lost during an early stage of processing:to enrich flour with thiamine, iron, niacin, and riboflavin.
- to add vitamins and minerals to (food) to enhance its nutritive value.
- enrich (Thesaurus)