Meaning of enclosure
Pronunciation: (en-klō'zhur), [key]
- something that encloses, as a fence or wall.
- something that is enclosed, as a paper sent in a letter.
- the separation and appropriation of land by means of a fence.
- a tract of land surrounded by a fence.
- an act or instance of enclosing.
- the state of being enclosed.
- the part of a monastery or convent canonically separated or restricted as the living quarters of the religious, from which a person may leave only with special permission or gain entrance to by special dispensation.
- enclosure (Thesaurus)