emissary: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (em'u-ser"ē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -sar•ies,
- a representative sent on a mission or errand: emissaries to negotiate a peace.
- an agent sent on a mission of a secret nature, as a spy.
- sending or coming out, as certain veins that pass through the skull and connect the venous sinuses inside with the veins outside.
- pertaining to an emissary.
- sent forth, as on a mission.
- emissary (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.