emblem: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (em'blum), [key]
- an object or its representation, symbolizing a quality, state, class of persons, etc.; symbol: The olive branch is an emblem of peace.
- a sign, design, or figure that identifies or represents something: the emblem of a school.
- an allegorical picture, often inscribed with a motto supplemental to the visual image with which it forms a single unit of meaning.
- an inlaid or tessellated ornament.
- to represent with an emblem.
- emblem (Thesaurus)