Meaning of Elizabeth
Pronunciation: (i-liz'u-buth), [key]
- (Elizaveta Petrovna) 1709–62, empress of Russia 1741–62 (daughter of Peter the Great).
- (Pauline Elizabeth Ottilie Luise, Princess of Wied) (“Carmen Sylva”) 1843–1916, queen of Rumania 1881–1914 and author.
- (Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon) born 1900, queen consort of George VI of Great Britain (mother of Elizabeth II).
- 1207–31, Hungarian princess and religious mystic.
- a city in NE New Jersey. 106,201.
- a female given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “oath of God.”
- Elizabeth (Thesaurus)