eliminate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-lim'u-nāt"), [key]
— -nat•ed, -nat•ing.
- to remove or get rid of, esp. as being in some way undesirable: to eliminate risks; to eliminate hunger.
- to omit, esp. as being unimportant or irrelevant; leave out: I have eliminated all statistical tables, which are of interest only to the specialist.
- to remove from further consideration or competition, esp. by defeating in a contest.
- to eradicate or kill: to eliminate the enemy.
- to void or expel from an organism.
- to remove (a quantity) from an equation by elimination.
- eliminate (Thesaurus)