elaborate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.i-lab'ur-itv.i-lab'u-rāt&sec), [key]
— adj., v., -rat•ed, -rat•ing.
- worked out with great care and nicety of detail; executed with great minuteness: elaborate preparations; elaborate care.
- marked by intricate and often excessive detail; complicated.
- to work out carefully or minutely; develop to perfection.
- to add details to; expand.
- to produce or develop by labor.
- to convert (food, plasma, etc.) by means of chemical processes into a substance more suitable for use within the body.
- to add details in writing, speaking, etc.; give additional or fuller treatment (usually fol. by on or upon): to elaborate upon a theme or an idea.
- elaborate (Thesaurus)