effective: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (i-fek'tiv), [key]
- adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result: effective teaching methods; effective steps toward peace.
- actually in operation or in force; functioning: The law becomes effective at midnight.
- producing a deep or vivid impression; striking: an effective photograph.
- prepared and available for service, esp. military service.
- a member of the armed forces fit for duty or active service.
- the effective total of a military force.
- effective (Thesaurus)