Meaning of education
Pronunciation: (ej"oo-kā'shun), [key]
- the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.
- the act or process of imparting or acquiring particular knowledge or skills, as for a profession.
- a degree, level, or kind of schooling: a university education.
- the result produced by instruction, training, or study: to show one's education.
- the science or art of teaching; pedagogics.
- education (Thesaurus)