Meaning of editorial
Pronunciation: (ed"i-tôr'ē-ul, -tōr'-), [key]
- an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor, or editors.
- a statement broadcast on radio or television that presents the opinion of the owner, manager, or the like, of the station or channel.
- something regarded as resembling such an article or statement, as a lengthy, dogmatic utterance.
- of or pertaining to an editor or to editing: editorial policies; editorial techniques.
- of, pertaining to, or involved in the preparation of an editorial or editorials: editorial page; editorial writer.
- of or pertaining to the literary and artistic activities or contents of a publication, broadcasting organization, or the like, as distinguished from its business activities, advertisements, etc.: an editorial employee; an editorial decision, not an advertising one.
- editorial (Thesaurus)